NetFlow tools are software or hardware devices that can collect, store, analyze and visualize NetFlow data. NetFlow tools typically consist of three components: a flow exporter, a flow collector and a flow analyzer¹. Some examples of NetFlow tools are:
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer – A comprehensive NetFlow analyzer and collector that runs on Windows Server and supports various flow protocols such as NetFlow, IPFIX, J-Flow and NetStream¹.
- Paessler PRTG Network Monitor – A network monitoring tool that includes NetFlow, sFlow and J-Flow sensors and can install on Windows Server¹.
- ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer – A traffic analysis tool that installs on Windows Server and Linux and supports NetFlow, IPFIX, J-Flow and NetStream¹.
- nTop – An open-source NetFlow analyzer and packet capture tool that runs on Linux and Windows¹.
- Plixer Scrutinizer – A network security and traffic analysis tool that can install on Windows Server or Linux, run as a cloud service or an appliance, and support various flow protocols such as NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow and J-Flow¹.
(1) Best Free NetFlow Analyzer Tools for Windows – Updated 2023. https://bing.com/search?q=netflow+tools.
(2) Cisco IOS NetFlow – Cisco. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/ios-nx-os-software/ios-netflow/index.html.
(3) The Best NetFlow Analyzers & Collector Tools for 2023 – Comparitech. https://www.comparitech.com/net-admin/best-netflow-analyzers-collectors/.
(4) 9 Best NetFlow Analyzers and Collector Tools for Your Network. https://geekflare.com/best-netflow-analyzers/.
(5) 9 Best NetFlow Analyzers and Collectors – DNSstuff. https://www.dnsstuff.com/netflow-analyzers-collectors.