All the services on the internet which provide you email, social networking and various other “FREE” services are after your data, after all you are a product to them. Well there is a way to opt out of personalized advertising.
Opt out of Google personalized advertising:
- Sign into Google via Gmail, Google Plus, or any other Google service.
- Go to Ads Preferences Manager: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/preferences/#general
- On the left you will see two options: Ads on Search, Ads on Web
- Under Ads on Search, click on the Opt Out link, which will display Opt Out button to the right
- Click the Opt Out button.
- You can always Opt In by repeating steps 1 & 2 above if you decide to do so at a later date.
- You can repeat the steps 1 through 5 for Ads on Web as well.
Opt out of Microsoft personalized advertising:
- Go to Microsoft’s Privacy in Advertising page: https://choice.microsoft.com/en-us
- The main opt out options are shown in blue tiles above, and they are described in 3 & 4 below.
- Microsoft opt-out(Opt out of receiving personalized ads from Microsoft Advertising platform).
- Industry opt-out(Opt-out from participating companies that provide personalized advertising).