I have put together this article, Security & Privacy Best Practices online, to make sure safe online experience.
Please make sure the following:
- Change all your passwords and make sure they are not same across all the accounts.
- For internet banking and all financial transactions, try to use a different browser, better still a computer or a virtual machine dedicated for such tasks.
- Never have your browser remember your user id’s and passwords, although it is convenient, it is a risk.
- Periodically (I usually clear these every time I close my browser) clear your browser cache, visited sites history, and cookies.
- Do not give your accounts and passwords to requests via email, if in doubt give them a call.
- If you are not sure about authenticity of an email, do not open it, if it is important they will call you.
- Check your list installed FB apps, any apps you are not using, remove them.
- Check your list installed FB apps, make sure you are using the latest apps, as old apps had security issues.
- Check your FB privacy settings and update to suit your privacy requirements.
- Use opendns.org for your DNS as it also provides content protection from malware sites.
- If you do not have AV installed, checkout the free AV, Avast.
- Everytime you hear about a security breach on a website you have an account on, change the password immediately or even delete it if required.
This list will be updated regularly, so bookmark it!
If you need help with any of these tasks contact us.